Job type: Trainees Programme
Stipend: R4 500 monthly
Location: All province, South Africa
- How to Apply at South African Police Service?
The SAPS (South African Police Service) department is hiring for entry level Police training and invites hard working candidates from all South African youth ( male and female) in a basic police development learning programme.
They are two (2) different streams in this trainees opportunity that candidates can go with based on their qualifications:
- Candidates in possession of a senior certificate / matric / national certificate:
– Candidates who completed 3 years national diploma / degree on atleast NQF level in below study fields:
- Forensic Investigation
- Law Enforcement
Successful candidates in second stream will undergo a short basic training as determined by national commissioner
SAPS Training Basic Requirements
- South African citizen
- Fluently in English and other one (1) official language
- Between 18 to 30 years of age to apply
- Clear criminal record.
- Applicants must not have any visible tatto
- Prepare to work and trained anywhere in the republic of SA
About the training programme
Successful candidates will participate in a Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP) for 21 months.
Learning programme consist of 3 phases which is:
1. Induction Phase
- 1 (one) month at a designated police station
2. Basic training phase
- 8 (eight) months at a basic training SAPS Accademy.
3. Probation phase
-After successful completion of the Induction and the Basic training Phases, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service under probation (12 months).
During the Basic Training Phase of the progammes the Service shall provide free training, meals and accommodation to the police trainee.
Trainees will also receive medical aid benefits for the duration of the 21 month Basic Training Learning Programme. Upon successful completion of the Basic Training Learning Programme trainees will be considered for permanent appointment as members of the SAPS.
How can you apply
Download Police Trainees Application Form
Candidates must sign their application form in front of commissioner, also attach all certified copies like:
- ID book
- Matric certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of residence and additional qualifications
For more informations go to SAPS career web page and select police trainees